Monday, May 4, 2009

The Virginal Blogger











Okay... I caved in to peer pressure! Several friends and members of my family have their own blogs, and feeling totally left in the blogger dust, I've decided to start my own. I'm quite certain that SOMETHING interesting must be happening to me and my family on a daily basis, and I guess this blog will be the proof in the pudding!

It didn't rain today!!! YESSS! The rain is great, and I know we need it here in our desert climate, but it was super nice to have a partially sunny day to work outside. Of course, that meant mud and manure in the treads of my shoes... TOTALLY worth it! Right now, I'm wondering just how crispy fried my face is, after working out in the yard for most of the day. Once again, I forgot to put the sunscreen on and shudder to think what extra sun damage I did to my already "skin cancer here I come" face!

I made a new corral for the goats, today. This entailed disconnecting the goat panels from their previous location, where they were reinforcing some farm fencing, and then connecting them to the t-posts in the new location. Isabella, Clover and Dora seem thrilled with their new abode and are delighting in the fresh, green grass growing under their feet. The two little doelings are prancing and jumping every which way with their constant play and look like little drunkards with their uneven stance and wobbly legs. I'm loving their long, white ears and am just starting to see little nubs of horns emerging from their foreheads. Fun, fun, fun! And... as a little perk for the day... Frosty (my big paint gelding) came up to me today, unsolicited even, and Maggie (my pregnant miniature mare) let me catch her on the first try. Guess I wasn't the only one in a better mood after seeing the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment