Monday, May 18, 2009

Anyone Have a Soapbox I Can Borrow?

After taking the kids to yet another stupid movie, I can now say that I am officially dumber than I was BEFORE we partook of Hollywood's idiotic splendor. This is, seriously, the third dumb movie in a row that we have subjected ourselves to. The kids are always more forgiving and easier to please, but I, on the other hand, feel jipped, and depending on the movie... violated! ;P
The movie we watched tonight, actually, did not tick me off in the way that the previous two did, but did leave me with regrets over time wasted and brain cells sacrificed...

I remember one of my good friend's mothers being such a killjoy after every movie their family saw, and I recall thinking that she was such a scroogey stoogey... either the acting was poor, the effects completely unbelievable, the language coarse, or the content offensive. Pooh pooh! She simply sucked the fun out of ANY movie they saw. Well, I can now say that I completely understand her scroogey stoogey little old heart and either owe her a great apology (if even only in my mind... she never knew I thought she was the fun-sucker of all time) or owe myself a good kick in the pants for becoming the spitting image of Senorita Killjoy.

I'll take that soapbox now, if you please... Can everyone see me? Does my voice carry sufficiently? Emmm hmmm hmmm.... Attention Hollywood:

We the people of the van Uitert family wish to voice our grievances over your gross misrepresentation of any form or likeness of comedic entertainment, and formally hold you responsible for the early demise of several potentially successful brain cells, lost in the process of viewing many of your productions and condemn you for the rape and pillage of our wallets, time and intelligence! Okay, we the people is really just ME, but I am certainly capable of expressing myself adequately enough FOR the whole family. Ha ha... me longwinded? Never....

(Am I sucking the fun in an efficient and impressive manner? I'm doing my darnedest...)

Signing off...

Senorita Killjoy
Master Fun-Sucker

2 comments:

  1. Oh Donna! I simply agree. Scott and I hardly go to movies anymore. And we take our kids very rarely. (Probably once or twice a year.) Poor kids. Look who is the killjoy now. At least you take your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Hoover = Master Fun-Sucker? Maybe that's a question for Kevin. I still laugh at that. Okay, maybe a lot!

    ReplyDelete