Friday, May 15, 2009

My Life as the Energizer Bunny...

I just keep going and going and going... minus the long ears and fluffy tail! Today was a never-ending sort of day. I am so pooped and yet am afraid to go to bed, because I know that the morning will come too soon and it will start all over again!

Dinner was for twelve tonight (the kids's friends were over) and I made fettucine with meat sauce, corn, brownies w/ice cream for dessert, and cupcakes for the bakesale tomorrow. Dayton and I built another goat pen and two more horse corrals (reconfigured the panels into new locations). I redid the dog run two nights ago and expanded it quite a bit. Now, we just have to cut down the big dead tree in front of the house, till in a few flowerbeds, possibly till up the OLD horse corral for a nice big garden spot, somehow kill the sticker weeds, keep the cats out of the raised garden beds (they keep digging up my strawberry starts), figure out a better sprinkler system, and ready the back of the pasture for post holes to be augered in the morning. Hmm... did I mention the laundry, dishes, and other 3/4 of the house that still needs cleaning? Not enough time in the day, I'm afraid, but I'm doing the best I can. I've even got the sunburn to prove it... (I HAVE to remember to put the sunscreen on! I'll be a raisin in a few years if I don't!)

2 comments:

  1. You wear me out just reading about all you do! But, I have to say, I'm glad you started a blog. You're a great writer and I love reading your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... you make me feel good :) Thanks for reading my blog! I sometimes wonder if ANYONE actually reads it, and I write such stinkin' long posts that it might scare people off. I'm having fun with it, though. I keep checking in to see if you are going to add anything to yours... You just might be busier than I! Later...

    ReplyDelete