Monday, July 6, 2009

The Blur





















June seems to be but a blur in my mind's eye... where did it go? Well... I think it went to EFY twice, trek, BYU for Vanessa's basketball camp, and then to St George for Dayton's basketball team camp... shove in my mini stallion getting loose from the neighbor's house while we're out of town, hauling 150 bales of hay, training sessions with Frosty, 4H, and a remodel on our bathroom, and I think June is just too pooped to show it's face. I've certainly been a tad too pooped to blog, but I have hopes for July! (okay... maybe August? it might take some time to recoup...)



Just for cuteness sake: Marin just told me that she was thinking about Christmas and how we really don't need anything more for presents - we have enough. Audra jumped all over her saying, "That's not nice, Marin. I think it makes Santa happy to give presents and see all the kids asleep in their beds!" Like, how dare we upset Santa and deny him the privelege of delivering us presents! They are watching 'The Polar Express' and that explains the Santa talk in July. Moments later, Audra looked over at me with her squinty eye and scrunched up nose and said, "My throat is scratchy patchy..." Hmm... scratchy patchy... that's a new one. Cute girls.



Vanessa is off to girls camp tomorrow and we spent much of the day preparing. Packed the big duffle bag (and I mean BIG), braided her hair into corn rows, dropped her bag off at the church and we'll say goodbye to her at eight in the morning. I wish I was a teenager going to camp, again. Might be time to grab my friend Annie and find an older 'Girls Camp' for us older girls! Definitely worth considering!



The cherries are ripe on the tree; the apples have the branches almost touching the ground (might be time to thin... ya think?); the radishes have gone to seed and I think the farmer, with them... ha ha... Mosquitoes are biting, grasshoppers are reproducing, kittens are growing, hoofs need trimming, horse teeth need floating, poop needs scooping, snakes keep arriving (yes... another snake caged in the house... a racer), and Donna needs something. If any of you know what that is, please feel free to let me know. I'm fresh out of ideas ;P



Later...

1 comment:

  1. Hey I know what you need! A girls retreat! The one I'm planning, so glad your back blogging, I love to read your stuff! Love your guts! Annie

    ReplyDelete