Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"You say goodbye and I say hello... hello, hello..." - The Beatles


It's almost time to say goodbye to 2009. I look back on this year and am honing my eyesight to recognize its defining moments through the chaos that seems so prevalent. Quite frankly, it seems like I've been on water skis this year being hauled all around by a psychotic driver who just likes to see the scared look in my eyes as I just barely make it over each break and who giggles a little under his breath as he crosses wave patterns with another boater just as intent on scaring the bejeebers out of HIS skier. I'm not sure my terminology is even correct with that analogy, as I prefer the snow to the water, but I've never had someone else pulling me down the mountain by a cord (thank heavens, because that would mean I was likely on a gurney!)... and because I am somewhat afraid of the water and have felt completely out of control, at times, this year, the whole water skiing thing just seems to work.

Some things have stayed exactly the same this year and other aspects of my life have changed dramatically. Nothing so special about that, huh? I'm fairly certain that every person on the planet could say the same thing, but since this blog belongs to me and NOT to every other person on the planet, I will divulge a few details about the drastically changeable and unchanging life of Donna, circa 2009... and if I'm lucky, it won't be a bunch of repeats of previous blog entries; otherwise, I might just have to reference you to read said blogs and save myself a little time! I will post this year's highlights in separate entries, in part, so as not to drive the love of reading out of my special guests by sheer longevity, as well as give my guests something exciting to look forward to in their email inboxes, where I am actually the guest, instead of vice-versa.

I think it only fitting to outline, right from the beginning, the sequence of my entries... and I am completely shooting by the hip, as I always do, and therefore have no idea of what I will say next! However, I am afraid that without an outline, my entries about this particular year may never end and we simply cannot have that. After all, it wasn't THAT good or that BAD of a year that I'd wish to eternally evaluate its particulars! Having said as much, I shall focus primarily on the number three... three things that have stayed the same, three changes, three milestones and perhaps, three hilarities, in no particular order or arrangement. Before you get scared and block The Funny Farm from your inboxes, I swear to you that I will not send you twelve separate entries. As much as some of you may enjoy my writing, enough is enough, right? Please do not despair at the enormity of my undertaking, for I promise to make it entertaining and a whole lot more forthright than this introductory entry. Words, words, words... I enjoy them WAY too much and can only aspire to share my love of them with you, my readers! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment