Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's Not Every Day...











It's not every day that you find a tick the size of a raisin on the cat. This little blood sucker was HUGE! I usually just smash 'em between two rocks, when I find them, but I had to show Kevin the size of this fellow. Audra took him to Kevin in the bottom of a mason jar, who of course said "gross", and quite frankly, I didn't think more about it.... until tonight, when I found the mason jar on the counter with NO tick raisinette inside. I sure hope someone disposed of him and that I won't be plucking Sir Sucks a Lot off of any of us!

It's not every day that you find two perfectly wonderful pairs of horse riding boots at the thrift store... that FIT! I found Marin and I some great roper style lace up cowboy boots at the D.I. and we broke them in at 4H tonight. Marin and Audra are loving 4H and learned about barrels and poles this session. Our friend, Larry Bowen, and his daughter, Julie, keep telling us what naturals the girls are on their horses. I'm amazed that Audra has no fear at all... she controls that horse just fine, trots and lopes and all that jazz! Marin's first competition will be on June 16th, so we'll be practicing hard for the next few weeks to get her ready. She's counting down the days, I assure you!

It's not every day that you meet a lizard that plays checkers and yahtzee. Well, Audra says he does, at least. Gerrit brought home a baby lizard last night and Audra saved him from the deathly fate of 'snake food'. While running our errands today, Audra instructed Kevin to be sure to play checkers and yahtzee with Lizzy, so he wouldn't get bored while we were away. Cute...

Oh, and one last thing... It's not every day that you get to find out just HOW your children chose you as their parents, up in Heaven. According to Audra, she was standing in one line and we were standing in another when she pointed at us and said, "I want that family." Of course, she said she had a tag pinned on her that read, "From Heavenly Father" and that she picked us because we looked good and nice. So, in case you were wondering how that happened... now you know! ;0)

Pictures posted are of Audra and Vanessa... new hair color for the girls tonight and a haircut for Gerrit, but no pictures of he or Marin, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment